Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I was in the Apple store yesterday and picked up a set of the in-ear hp and they Apple guy was very suprised they even had any.

OnTheiTouch2G

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
I've been waiting to catch them at my 2 local Apple stores here in Atlanta and they've been consistently sold out since they day they started.

groovdudeyo

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
Well my mom was going to get me them for Christmas but the idiot at the store said that they were horrible headphones and told her to buy some crappy Sony pair. Are they really that bad?

meyer1131

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
i have them and personally like them.. i can go running with them and they sound great! i was raking the leaves today and the sound isolation is superb as in i could not hear my parents talking to me when they were about a foot away(at a normal volume level, i do not like to blast the music into my ears)..they come in 3 sizes so they will fit.. they lack bass and make a small noise when the wire is banged against something kind of like a boom because the headphones are so far into your ear but other than that they are a great pair of headphones..i value the opinion of ilounge.com who gave the headphones a B.. any questions just reply to my post and I will respond if i can

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I've heard nice things about them, possibly not heavy on the base, but I don't like things that sound like a thug in my years.

JW008

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Are they just in Apple Stores or has anyone bought them elsewhere? (Specifically Best Buy?)

stukdog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
The Apple Stores here in Las Vegas have not had them in stock. I finally ordered a pair and got them about a week ago. I think they sound great and they are quite comfortable in the ear. I also love that the cord does not tangle at all. You can stick it in your pocket and pull it out later without untying knots.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The Apple Stores here in Las Vegas have not had them in stock. I finally ordered a pair and got them about a week ago. I think they sound great and they are quite comfortable in the ear. I also love that the cord does not tangle at all. You can stick it in your pocket and pull it out later without untying knots.

This would sell me in a heartbeat!

Shawn D

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2008
My store here in Indianapolis has them in stock, Not sure I want to spend that much on headphones.. :eek:

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Compared to other dual driver headphones, they are a steal, and sound much better than the regular crappy ones.
For one, it doesn't take much to sound better than the default ones. And dual drivers don't make for good quality. For the money, there are better options. If one's priority is to have pretty headphones with a remote that match the iPod, then these win. But if one wants the best sound quality for the money, there are better options.

RyanKubo

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2008
Orange, California
Are they just in Apple Stores or has anyone bought them elsewhere? (Specifically Best Buy?)

Went to my local best buy today and they had no clue what I was talking about. After searching for about 10mins I finally came to the conclusion that they do not sell them in the store. So, in my local best buy they were no where to be found

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Went to my local best buy today and they had no clue what I was talking about. After searching for about 10mins I finally came to the conclusion that they do not sell them in the store. So, in my local best buy they were no where to be found
Best Buys don't carry anything but the stock headphones that come with the iPods/iPhones.

As to rarity: The Apple Store here in Charlotte only ever got a few of them, and they sold out quickly. I was able to get a pair at the Apple Store in Durham on Christmas Eve... they had a small pile of them available.

meyer1131

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
the Apple store in NYC had a bunch when I went, I live down in Jersey and one store had some and the other did not around me..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.