Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

How Rare is this boxed 1992/3 machine

Horder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Wells
Hi folks I was trying mail Apple themselves to see if they were interested, no chance of finding an email address for them online I could see.
So I thought I would ask here.
It's a Performa 400 desktop still boxed although polystyrene inside is missing all paperwork guides invoice still with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 133

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
In the end, it's Caveat Emptor.

But a "Boxed computer" implies an OEM sealed box.

A computer with box, is one you've pawed over for some amount of time before returning it to it's, or a similar box.

Comment

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
To the Museum of Computing down the road?

I can't find the exact article, but Apple did have a museum at one point. Steve did 2 things with the machines. They were either A) donated to a collage for collection purposes (I forget which one) or B) Trashed. And I doubt Apple would ever want to look back again at anything that wasn't made under Steve's supervision or later (1998 and later).

I was actually amazed at the 30 Year of Mac page that they actually looked back at these machines.

Comment

Horder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Wells
I knew it probably wasn't valuable but I thought maybe rare as it has everything with it, I take the point about being boxed as opposed to returned after use to it's original box

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 77
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.