How Rare is this boxed 1992/3 machine

Horder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Wells
Hi folks I was trying mail Apple themselves to see if they were interested, no chance of finding an email address for them online I could see.
So I thought I would ask here.
It's a Performa 400 desktop still boxed although polystyrene inside is missing all paperwork guides invoice still with it.

Attachments

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
In the end, it's Caveat Emptor.

But a "Boxed computer" implies an OEM sealed box.

A computer with box, is one you've pawed over for some amount of time before returning it to it's, or a similar box.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
To the Museum of Computing down the road?
I can't find the exact article, but Apple did have a museum at one point. Steve did 2 things with the machines. They were either A) donated to a collage for collection purposes (I forget which one) or B) Trashed. And I doubt Apple would ever want to look back again at anything that wasn't made under Steve's supervision or later (1998 and later).

I was actually amazed at the 30 Year of Mac page that they actually looked back at these machines.

Horder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Wells
I knew it probably wasn't valuable but I thought maybe rare as it has everything with it, I take the point about being boxed as opposed to returned after use to it's original box

Attachments