How robust is rMBP? UK friendly cases?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RobHague, Sep 6, 2012.

1. RobHague macrumors 6502

So I just ordered a new MacBook Pro, made a thread recently about it as I was stuck between Retina and non-Retina. No one replied, but its fine :p I made a choice, and since 13" retinas are supposed to be coming soon I thought the retina Display will be more future proof (if there is such a thing) as more apps make use of it and the lower end gets updated with it.

Anyhow, what I would like to know is how robust these notebooks are?
    I have never owned a MacBook before.

I am having real issues finding protection for it. For example I would like to use some form of palm or trackpad guard but I cannot find any for the retina version that are available in the UK. I cannot even find any cases or sleeves, most of the ones on the Apple Store have reviews saying they are 'too big' for the rMBP.

How prone are they to stains/dirt/marks? Especially the palm and track pad area that will see the most wear. The keyboard I have covered (Moshi ClearGuard).

Does anyone know of any sites that sell Track Pad protectors to the UK? Also cases (Hard shells would be good)? The Moshi Store has kits that fit the retina macbook but they dont ship to the UK! :(

2. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

3. Angus9541 macrumors member

There is another long thread with a load of info on rMBP cases on here, i just have In-case for the classic, came from TK max and cost €10, there is a little extra room inside but not enough for me to grumble :)