How rubbish were macosrumors?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spandexman, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Spandexman macrumors regular

Seriously, they were awful! They made about 3 hard predictions, 2 of which were wrong, and loads of vague guesses, which were veering the wrong way. They said there would be 16:9 IPS displays, a $100 drop in the entry price of the 15", probably ATI graphics, underrated the battery improvements, said there'd be probably core i processors in the 13", and indicated that the i7 in the 15" would be a BTO only. Access to prototypes my arse! Nest time updates come around, I think it best to ignore them.

2. nconnella macrumors regular

It's macrumors not macfact. It's up to you what to believe. They always give you an idea how credible the source is. If that's not what you're looking for just wait till it's released and be happy because the only prerelease info you'll get is some true/some false type stuff.

3. Bibble macrumors member

Ok, then, do that. Personally, there were elements of the update that surprised me, and I'm sure I wasn't alone.

The predictions were simply what people thought SHOULD be included. Apple, in this case, disagreed with some of them. I agree with them on a fair amount of their decisions, and can see the logic behind it.

There's also an element that, as the average update time approaches, people's expectations get exponentially higher. MacRumours tried to keep their predictions lower-key, bit still focused on the wrong areas in some places. It happens. They know that they were wrong about some things, and saying "What you said didn't happen, I'm not going to listen any more" will not get anyone anywhere.

4. Spandexman thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not talking about MacRumors, as in this site, I rate this site very highly. I'm talking about macOSrumors, who claimed to have insider information and access to prototypes.

5. applesupergeek macrumors 6502a

True, but this time as the op said they were utter rubbish, far more than any other time, they were off in pretty much everything. Heck they didn't even catch it when the release was eminent and hadn't it been for apple insider no one here would have been aware that mbps were even going to be released a day before.

6. nconnella macrumors regular

True, but they can only report what info they receive. If they don't receive any verifiable facts, they can't post it. Obviously the info they received was bad and mostly wrong, but I just see it as their job to post what they get, and let you decide what to believe. It would have been awfully quiet if they didn't post anything. I always took the shady rumors with a grain of salt.

Sorry bout that. Missed the OS :)

7. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Not as rubbish as 9to5mac.