How set up 2nd personality in Eudora?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sallyp, Nov 13, 2011.

1. sallyp macrumors newbie

I'm trying to set up a second email address in my Eudora 6.2.4 on my MacBook w/OS10.6.8. Talked with ISP and seem to have settings right, but can't get new personality to work. I can check my new email directly from ISP's website but not on my computer. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,

:confused:

2. interrobang macrumors 6502

http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/tutorials/mac_personalities.html
    Make sure that the "Check on manual checks" (and possibly the "Check automatically", if you so desire) boxes are selected.

Open the Task Progress window (Window > Task Progress) and watch what it says. What happens when you check mail?

is this an IMAP account? If so, Eudora will list it separately from your local Inbox. Open the Mailboxes window, or pull down the Mailbox menu, to see IMAP personalities.

3. sallyp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your suggestions.

Manual checks is checked off. Task progress says "error while checking mail for" this new personality. POP server said: -ERR authorization."

And this uses POP protocol, not IMAP. Don't see anything aside from mailboxes in my mailbox list.

Does that help narrow it down?

4. sallyp thread starter macrumors newbie

Multiple Eudora Users?

If I set up multiple users on my Eudora instead of 2 personalities, does Eudora still apply my filters for my original email address to the new users?

How do the multiple users work on Eudora? Will they come thru all the existing settings on Eudora and go to the appropriate mailboxes set up for my original email address?

Thanks

5. interrobang macrumors 6502

That should mean either a mis-entered username or password.

Do you mean having multiple user accounts on your Mac, or do you mean having multiple Eudora folders under the same user account? Either way, each one will be completely independent. Different mailboxes, different settings, different filters, even different toolbar arrangements if you want.