How should and can I save my SHSH's on iOS 4.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Break22, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Break22 macrumors newbie

I will get this week FRIDAY my iPhone 4 with 32GB. I'm 100% sure that I will get the Firmware 4.1.

So how should I save my SHSH's? :(

I mean I read many often that Apple will release iOS 4.2 this week. How can I save my SHSH's on the iPhone 4 with 4.1 Firmware?

Let's say they release iOS 4.2 tomorrow and I will get my iPhone 4 with 4.1 Friday. What can or what I should do? Can I jailbreak? I'm able to save my SHSH on 4.1 after the release of the iOS 4.2?

I know that I can save the SHSH with TinyUmbrella or Cydia. But how can I do that after Apple release the iOS 4.2?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You just need to pray that Apple is still signing by the time you get your Phone (unless you can get the ECID before hand, i doubt it). All you can do is pray to get lucky. Apple usually sign the "old" firmware for a short period of time (24 to 48 hours).

Can you JB? no way to know at this point until an official JB tool is released, all you can know for sure now is that you will be able to have a Tethered JB for sure.

3. Break22 thread starter macrumors newbie

To jailbreak my phone when I get it on friday is 100000% sure because it will have the iOS 4.1

that's not the problem

my question was if I can save my SHSH for iOS 4.1 after apple releases the iOS 4.2 ;)

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I know and that is what I tried to answer you, I guess i wasn't clear enough. All you need to save your SHSH is your ECID (an Apple Servers). If 4.2 is release (let's say today) you will have a windows to still get 4.1 SHSH signed of about 24 to 48 hours (based on the same window that we have seen on previous releases). If you get your phone on Friday and Apple is not longer signing 4.1 you are SOL nothing else to do.

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

There's no set time that Apple continues to sign an old firmware after a new firmware is released. You should be ok if you jailbreak Friday and tell Cydia to grab your SHSH blobs but there's no way to give a yes or no answer.

6. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

Hi,
    i have 4.1 too, but i don't really get SHSH. can you save SHSH to cydia or apple? if 4.2 releases tomorrow will i still be able to get SHSH to cydia next day? Can you tell me more, i didn't really get this bit:
    thanks

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You can figure out why you need shsh later. Right now plug your phone in get the latest version of tiny Umbrella which has just been updated and select save SHSH. It will get everything that it can which right now is 4.1 and 4.2b3

8. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

Thanks for that mate, I'll do it tonite...

Edit: Do I have to do that through tinyumbrella or cydia? i mean is that something you save to your computer or to your phone?

9. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Run Tiny U and it will save the shsh's to a folder on your computer. There is an option to save them to Cydia (Suarik's server) in the same process. Hard to screw up.

10. The General macrumors 601

11. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

Already??

12. The General macrumors 601

Yep. Geohot wasn't joking when he said limera1n was unpatchable.

13. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

You need another patch for an untethered jailbreak.

14. The General macrumors 601

right but my point was that it's not the end of the world if the OP can't get his SHSHs saved in time.

15. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Of coarse. Tho some prefer not to jailbreak at all if they can't reboot their phone with out a computer.

16. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

17. The General macrumors 601

It is.