How should I handle my in store pickup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maggiep67, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

Hey everyone,

Need advice on how I should do this in store pickup.

I ordered a plus online a few days ago (I used NEXT with my phone number). Lo and behold, today I found pluses in stock at a local store. Before I ordered for in store pickup, I called the store and told them what I wanted. The girl who talked to me said it wouldn't be a problem, they would just cancel the upgrade and resell me the phone "device only". I ordered what I wanted using my husbands number. When the order came through ready for pick up, I cancelled my order.

I will be picking up the phone tomorrow. I would like to actually use the NEXT program with my telephone number. Not sure if that's even possible at this point (FYI...my account already shows I am NEXT eligible after canceling my original order).

How should I handle this? My first choice would be to have the order switched back to my number using the NEXT program. If that's not doable, then I would just buy the phone device only. Anyone have experience doing this?

Thanks!!

2. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

I tried doing that and the Apple store people wouldnt let me... told me once I cancelled the phone that it was locked till the next business day...

the guy then proceeded to tell me to come back around 4-5am and get a reservation pass...

every store prob has different policies...