How should I pre-order to get iPhone on June 24?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mwxiao, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mwxiao macrumors regular

If you want to kill some time before the pre-ordering starts, here is a problem from me...

OK. I will be on a business trip in the week of June 24. I will be in City A on June 24 and in city B on June 25. How should I pre-order my iPhone so that I can get it ASAP?

Here is some facts:
    1. There is no Apple store in City A. There is one in City B.
    2. There is AT&T store in City A.
    3. AT&T starts to sell iPhone on June 24th.
    4. AT&T store reservation won't be available for pick-up until after June 25. Just called and confirmed. I don't know why they do that.
    5. No BestBuy in City A.
    6. There is one RadioShack in City A. But I am not sure if I can pre-order one and deliver to that store. And I am not sure if they have it available on June 24.

Now, here is my options:

1. If I order it on AT&T online and have it reserved in City A's store, I can't get it on June 24. And I won't be in City A after June 24. So this is not an option.
    2. I don't pre-order it. Instead, I just go to City A's AT&T store and buy one on June 24. But it is possible that it might be sold out.
    3. If I oder it on Apple.com and have it reserved in City B's store, I'll get it on June 25.
    4. Ask Radio Shack about my options.

What do you think?

2. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I would just pre order and pick it up at the store on the 25th

3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

4. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Same here.

5. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

kinda off topic when do you think the apple store will go live to preorder the phones. Tonight at midnight or early morning because ihave a regents to take and i probably shouldnt stay up past 1 for a 10 00 test.

6. lnferno macrumors 6502

I'm in a similar situation in that I'll be traveling on the 24 to a different city, but I'll arrive later that evening. When I pre-order for tomorrow, I'm going to do the home/business delivery, but specify the hotel that I'll be staying at so when I check in at the hotel in the other city that night, I should have the iPhone 4. :D