How should i protect my iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by orkyz!, Aug 7, 2010.

1. orkyz! macrumors member

I'm currently waiting for my soon-to-arrive iphone 4 and wondering how i should protect it. I was thinking i should go with the powersupport films (i love the naked look) but calculated their shipping fees and it costs more than their actual products! so i turned to SGP.
    Will full body films protect my iphone? (plus my free case)
    And, if i do go with SGP wat films should i get: SGP ultra coat or incredible shield 4.0 or ultra matte?

2. nelly41 macrumors regular

Go with what you like. If you want a naked look, then just get a front and back protector. Since you want to stick with just one company to save on the cash, I would say go with SGP. I haven't have experience with any of their other products besides the oleophobic screen protectors, so I can't help much on there. But right now, my current set up is the wrapsol original back and sides, PS anti glare hd front and griffin reveal case. I bounced around a lot and wasn't too satisfied with SGP or wrapsol front. But from experience, nothing beats power support for me. SGP is really good, but I like power support better.

3. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

If you like the naked look and want long lasting complete protection i would recommend checking out nluproducts Bodyguards i did a review on them the link is below they are best ive found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-nwN8A1lug

4. mytran80 macrumors regular

Naked is great but one drop can ruin your whole week , the phone front or back glass will shatter , get a case unless you're a capitalist millionaire :p

5. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I have the SGP oleophobic and love how clear it is but it attracts finger prints like crazy! Here's an eBay link for SGP products, you can get the anti-finger print for $12 or the one like I have for $14. Shipping from the sgp-store or power support is $7... eBay sellers have free shipping!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkpar...&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

6. Gustariana macrumors newbie

Bah, I wish I had seen your post last night! I just ordered from SGPs website and paid 2.75 for shipping.. not 7 but still not free! :-(

7. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

I'm not taking any chances so I went with an Otterbox Defender. I should have ordered it earlier as my iPhone 4 will arrive before my case...:(

8. appview macrumors member

appview

Speck Candyshell is stylish and offers good protection.

9. orkyz! thread starter macrumors member

i am thinking of going along with one of the two clear cases you can get for free + ps or SGP films. any suggestions?

10. Deanoaka macrumors member

Those look awesome. Shame they are based in the US and delivery is quite large :(

11. orkyz! thread starter macrumors member

okay i have decided to go along with SGP Ultra Matte + the Incase Snap Clear case. is this a good combo?

12. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

13. orkyz! thread starter macrumors member

not very encouraging...

14. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

Well the OtterBox Defender is one of the the only cases that offer maximum protection , still could possibly damage your phone if you dropped it but most likely it wouldn't,any other case if you drop it , there is a possibility that you damage your phone. I have a Switcheasy Colors and love it but very carefull not to drop my phone. Case-Mate makes a rugged case too.

15. nednarm macrumors 6502

If you want a screen protector DON'T go with the Zagg invisible shield. I got one of these and they just look like trash when they're on. It's clearly visibe even with a good install and it wrecks the look of the entire phone.

My personal preference is to just go with a bumper and have the rest of the phone naked, I'm not too bothered about scratches.

16. molala macrumors 6502a

the gel (iSkin solo like) cases offer some drop protection without much bulk. i prefer these to the hard plastic two snap cases, which tend to scratch. they also tend to separate from the phone when i drop them even from a low height.

amazon uk has a good selection of them (different back designs and colours). here is one of the clear ones, £3.95 shipped.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128473&pf_rd_i=468294

17. UMRebel macrumors member

I was one of the lucky ones who got my Otterbox Defender before they started having shipping delays. I was so paranoid that I wouldn't even purchase the phone before I had the case in-hand. I have it now and it's the best phone I have ever owned. As for the Otterbox Defender, it is a great case if protection from damage (drops) is your priority. I personally don't think it's too bulky at all and the design is much better looking than the 3G/3GS design. I really think I would have a hard time using and holding on to the phone due to it's thinness without the Otterbox. For me, the little bulk that it adds is a bonus and I can rest easy knowing that my phone is as protected as possible if (when) I drop it. I also ordered a Speck Pixelskin HD case through the Free Case Program and an SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector just in case I decide to get brave down the road. ;)