How should I sell this on eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wargamer6, Oct 25, 2011.

1. wargamer6 macrumors member

Recently I had an iPhone 3GS that was having issues. It was stuck in a boot loop and I couldn't restore it.

Today I tried restoring it on a different computer and now it works. Up until today when it did work I was unable to get sound or any real functions to work. Now it seems to be stable.

I think it had slight water damage as I spilled a little on it, which would explain some issues. I was planning on selling this for parts or repair but since it seems to be fully working, now I'm not so sure.

What do you all think? I already bought an iP4 so I have no need for this one.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You should state exactly what you stated here. Water damage, you need to state that at the very least. Even if it functions, the buyer should know what they're in for.

3. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Put it out there for 100$ or do and show them that is working as of now and that might had water damage but your no sure about, mm or take it to the apple store to verify everything is fine before you sell it

4. wargamer6 thread starter macrumors member

That's what I figured. Should I sell it for parts/repair or used? All functions are still working.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It's up to the buyer to do what he wants with it.
    Just listed as water damaged but in working condition.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would list it as is, functioning now but inform them following contact with liquid (specify which liquid) the phone did not fully function until recently. Priced as-is, no returns, no warranty from Apple, etc.

7. wargamer6 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!