Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
yea they can be annoying when in middle of doing something, they seem to take longer to go away on their own

Reactions: Shirasaki

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
Hmm I've seen this asked elsewhere too, but they work the same for me as they did in 9.3.5, simply slide it up to the top of the screen. 6s Plus. But there must be some kind of bug if its not allowing this for multiple people.

MyMacintosh

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Ok, this is kinda hard to explain but you have to swipe up but when you do, it has to first be on the message. Not below it. Like you actually use to be able to swipe under upward to get rid of it, but this one you have to swipe upward still, but starting with your finger on the message first

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
yea they can be annoying when in middle of doing something, they seem to take longer to go away on their own
Because of this, I now turn off notification banner for all of my apps except one remind me when the train has arrived.
Ruined my game multiple times back to iOS 9 era and it is indeed annoying.

4tune8chance

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Yes how can you stop them in the first place? Get half a dozen emails and they drop down annoyingly one at at a time in the middle of whatever your doing.
[doublepost=1474093445][/doublepost]
Because of this, I now turn off notification banner for all of my apps except one remind me when the train has arrived.
Ruined my game multiple times back to iOS 9 era and it is indeed annoying.
Does this prevent them compleatly? Can you explain the steps please.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yes how can you stop them in the first place? Get half a dozen emails and they drop down annoyingly one at at a time in the middle of whatever your doing.
[doublepost=1474093445][/doublepost]
Does this prevent them compleatly? Can you explain the steps please.
Sure.
In "settings", "notifications", you can allow or disallow notifications for individual app. Then, for those apps you wish to have notifications, there is an option called "alert style when unlocked". Choose "none" to prevent the app from sending alerts to your iPhone. Do so for every single app you don't want alerts showing up.

4tune8chance

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Sure.
In "settings", "notifications", you can allow or disallow notifications for individual app. Then, for those apps you wish to have notifications, there is an option called "alert style when unlocked". Choose "none" to prevent the app from sending alerts to your iPhone. Do so for every single app you don't want alerts showing up.
Thanks, I didn't realise the 3 little pictures of the phones was a selection you could choose. Think that will solve it, thanks again.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Swiping up works for me. But maybe there are is an occasional problem with 3D touch enabled devices?

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
From my experience, sometimes I need to swipe down then immediately swipe up to dismiss the notifications.

Bottomsup

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Ok, this is kinda hard to explain but you have to swipe up but when you do, it has to first be on the message. Not below it. Like you actually use to be able to swipe under upward to get rid of it, but this one you have to swipe upward still, but starting with your finger on the message first

This!! OP here. This worked

Reactions: MyMacintosh

rsmith83

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Central Florida
In iOS 9 you could just use the swipe up gesture anywhere near the top of the screen and it would dismiss the notification. Now you actually have to start swiping up with your finger on the actual notification to dismiss it. It took me a while to figure that out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.