How solid do you guys think the macbook pro 15" speakers are?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dsprimal, May 12, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Hey all, i was just watching The Dark Knight on my 15" macbook pro. The volume was maxed out on the physical speaker volume button, and about 75% volume in VLC media player. It was loud and crisp during the action scenes with explosions, guns firing, etc. But the sudden explosions etc are so high pitched that i fear the speakers would damage over time.

Anyone else here watch action movies on the volume settings i had for a long period of time? (not just watching time, im saying overall time, like months, years even) How is the macbook pro 15" speakers in the long run?
    :apple:

2. m85476585 macrumors 65816

You won't damage the speakers. Even at 100%, if they are properly designed, they should not be damaged by any amount of use. You probably will get distortion at high volume, but that's just the sound of the speakers hitting their limit, not breaking.

3. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i understand, but having the mbp speaker volume max, plus adding the 75% volume in VLC or any media player probably pushes the speakers beyond its limits right? since the speaker volume on the mbp was set all the way up?

4. brucem91 macrumors 6502

No. The MBP speaker volume is what is normally known as a Master Channel. VLC is a sub channel of that, as is every other sound producing application you may have. For example, VLC's volume is controlled by the master, not added to. You shouldn't have to worry about blowing the speakers on your mac. Headphones, on the other hand, are a different story.

5. ZTuned macrumors member

On a somewhat unrelated note, I hate how there is such a large right-speaker bias because the sub is on the right side. It really gets to me and almost makes it seem like nothing comes out of the left side.

I think my pre-unibody speakers sound better than the 2010's. :confused: