How song purchases are displayed in iPod playlist

Discussion in 'iPad' started by EssentialParado, Nov 6, 2010.

1. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Am I the only one who gets frustrated by music purchases getting added all the way at the bottom of the Purchases playlist on the iPad? I end up having to move them to the top manually, which takes a longggg time to scroll through all my music. It's also a little annoying how the Purchases playlist itself is not at the top, above the standard playlists. Is this just me? :confused:

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't buy that many songs through itunes, but that does sound like it could get annoying. I do have a "recently added" smart playlist that's set to display only the songs I added in the last month. And I think you can set it to sort on the added date, though not sure, since I haven't actually tried to do that. Perhaps that could be a workaround? You can also name this playlist something that would make it appear at the top of the playlists, like starting it with "aa," for example.

3. EssentialParado thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, that seems an obvious idea but it cannot be renamed from "Purchased" as it's the iTunes related playlist. It's a separated playlist in desktop iTunes but it's treated like a standard playlist on the iPad, which is weird.

Podcast downloads seriously needs fixing too. Overall, iPod on iPad needs an overhaul. (And probably needs to drop the name, "iPod" too) :p

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I meant that you could make a "recently added" smart playlist, then name the recently added playlist something that will put it at the top of your other playlists.

5. EssentialParado thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I could... but then i'd need to populate this playlist myself, when I just want all my purchases to go into a single playlist automatically (but at the top, not the bottom) :p

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I said to make a SMART playlist. They auto-populate.

7. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Yup, it's true. New songs that you purchase on the iPad appear at the bottom of the "purchased" smart playlist. I find this annoying too. After you sync with iTunes it will be at the top. Seems like it would be easy to fix but it hasn't been in all the recent updates.