Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ak95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2013
Hi there

I've been wanting to purchase a MBA 13" for the past couple of weeks but have delayed it due to a updated model being released at WWDC. How soon after the conference will the MBA start shipping and when can I place a pre order?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It all depends on what apple will say. If they do announce the new MBPs, they may see they're available immediately, or they may say they'll be available in July or something.

I waited about 3 weeks after my ordering mine so you have to keep that in mind too, how far back in the line will you be.

Ak95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2013
It all depends on what apple will say. If they do announce the new MBPs, they may see they're available immediately, or they may say they'll be available in July or something.

I waited about 3 weeks after my ordering mine so you have to keep that in mind too, how far back in the line will you be.

Did you order it on the release day? I ideally wanted mine before July but I guess that might not happen, also I'd be getting a RAM upgrade so that would take even longer to make.

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Are you looking for an Air or a Pro?

I wouldn't be surprised if they upgrade the Air and leave the Pros as they are.

I work for reseller and we haven't received any MBA this month at all, but are still getting MBP in regularly. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

You'd probably be fine getting a MBP now, if you need it quickly. But I would wait to see what they announce for the Air.

Ak95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2013
I'm after the MacBook Air. How long does shipping take usually for an updated mac after WWDC to the UK?

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if they upgrade the Air and leave the Pros as they are.

I really hope this isn't the case :(

What is the logic behind your statement? Why would Apple update their "consumer" level laptops and leave their flagship models left behind using last generation processors.

ToomeyND

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
I really hope this isn't the case :(

What is the logic behind your statement? Why would Apple update their "consumer" level laptops and leave their flagship models left behind using last generation processors.

I'm guessing you stopped reading his post. He clearly states the logic for his prediction one line below his prediction.

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
I'm after the MacBook Air. How long does shipping take usually for an updated mac after WWDC to the UK?

Apple usually release products in the UK pretty soon after the US, couple of weeks maybe. But stock will be tight, as always. If you are desperate, then order it as soon as it is available online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.