iPhone How soon before 8.1.1 will likely be released?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, Nov 6, 2014.

  1. TH55 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
  2. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2014
  3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
    #3
    Ok
     
  4. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2013
    #4
    Waiting is like playing with fire at this point.
     
  5. MacTCE macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2013
    #5
    If you don't have a 6 yet I would say you'll be safe for the time being. It'll take some time for Apple to catch up with stock updated to 8.1.1, but I wouldn't wait too long if you can. Better safe than sorry.
     
  6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
    #6
    Right but isn't some of their stock still shipping with 8.0.x?
     
  7. thadoggfather macrumors 604

    thadoggfather

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    #7
    Updated my rMini to 8.1 from 7.1.2 after much debate
     
  8. MacTCE macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2013
    #8
    It's possible. But all you would need to do is update to 8.1 and then JB. In my earlier post I was talking about waiting to purchase a 6 when 8.1.1 starts shipping.
     
  9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
    #9
    But I am waiting for them to receive my returned phone so I am eligible for an upgrade again.
     
  10. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
    #10
    Will there almost definitely not be a Jailbreak for 8.1.1?
     
  11. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2013
    #11
    Not definite at all.
     
  12. themyst macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    #12
    The 6+ I just got today from Apple store came with 8.0.2.
     
  13. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
    #13
    Yeah wasn't there a Jailbreak for every last version of 7?
     
  14. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
    #14
    Then why is everybody freaking out?
     
  15. thadoggfather macrumors 604

    thadoggfather

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    #15
    Too convoluted.

    imo it's unlikely 8.1.1 will release a jb though anything could happen I suppose

    It's no coincidence pangu waited until 8.1 to release jb not 8.0.x
     
  16. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
    #16
    Yeah
     
  17. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2011
    #17
    Is 8.1.1 out yet
     

Share This Page