How soon did devices start shipping last time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by protobiont, Oct 7, 2011.

1. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Just curious when I should start freaking out next.

2. fender57 macrumors 6502

I, along with many folks, got their iPhone 4 a day early. We were notified of the bumped up delivery date via e-mail as well. You will be notified when it actually ships.

3. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

hahahha. I'll start freaking out when I get the shipping email too.

I'll try and keep my cool…probably not. :rolleyes:

4. protobiont thread starter macrumors 6502a

So how many days after the pre-order did you get a notification of shipping? Do you recall?

Thanks!

5. fender57 macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure it was about 1-2 days before delivery, maybe even 3 - but it wasn't too much lead time. I began tracking it via UPS at that point.

6. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

It still says delivers on October 14th, so I would say it will probably arrive that day. When I pre-ordered the 3GS online it arrived on launch day in the morning. The delivery man said "Enjoy your iPhone" despite the box not being labelled as an iPhone, I am assuming because he was delivering them all morning!

7. protobiont thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good to know. So I can stop fretting about it until next Wednesday, and I'll be distracted that day playing with iOS 5 on my iPhone 4, so that will be perfect!

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

nothing to freak out about

either demand is less this time 'round or Apple has much better stocks or something, Apple online store still shows Oct 14 delivery when I look right now. Last year it was at 2 weeks or something by this time of day.