How soon for new MBP's arriving in refurb store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thinkdesign, Jul 25, 2010.

1. thinkdesign macrumors 6502

That is, the refurb part of Apple's online store? (I don't want to buy it from some other retailer, since the "1:1" help service wouldn't then be available.)

More specifically, a refurbished current model 13" Macbook Pro with the 256 gb SSD option, is the item of interest to me. Based on past experience.... when should that begin turning up on the Applestore's refurbished page?

And how about the $1,199. base model, with no options? I assume that may be offered as a refurb, up even sooner?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

They are already offered at the refurb store, but those BTO options might take a bit longer, as they are not standard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

They are in the Apple Refurb store, and have been there for quite some time.

5. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

The BTO items are random and less frequent, just check dailey until one that meets your needs turns up.

6. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

I've seen things come and go in a matter of hours.

It's no rush, but bookmark the refurb page, and just whenever you have some spare time, sit down in front of your computer and check.

That's how I got my 12" PowerBook with a 100GB HDD and 1.25GB of ram 5 years ago. (The stock was 80GB and 512MB)
    I paid $200 less than the stock model if i remember correctly.
    A lot more memory and HDD is certinaly included these days. :)

7. thinkdesign thread starter macrumors 6502

What was price on that 265gb SSD one?

The current model of 13" MBP, with the 256gb SSD option... when it did pop up momentarily as a refurb... does anyone recall what the price was?

I guess it's theoretically possible that a 512 SSD one could turn up, too. I wonder what that would be priced at?

A new question occurs: Since Apple's sales policy ststes that "build to order" or BTO ones are not is it exchangable? for defects, but if I understand it, you'd be limited to having it repaired..... this would affect the question of WHY a computer landed in the Refurb store.

I don't want to buy a lemon... my hopes for a refurb is that it's perfect... and maybe was returned for not being a good fit for the user's needs. Of course leftovers can be sent to the refurb store when the new model arrives... but when one wants to buy the current model as a refurb... it seems the odds may not be quite so sweet as that for getting a perfect unit.

If I buy the $1199. current type 13" MBP as a refurb now, versus that same one plus the BTO 256gb SSD.... How do the probabilities for each compare to the other, regarding ---- how each one probably ended up being IN the refurb store? Which is the safer purchase?