How soon will AT&T or apple get more phones in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuseone, Jun 20, 2010.

1. fuseone macrumors member

How soon after the 24th will AT&T or apple get more iPhone 4s in after the 24th? Like the next day a week or longer? Just asking becasue I want to get but I work that day or else I would have got up early and standee in line. So just want to know when I would have another shot at getting it in a store?

2. stylez23 macrumors member

it will probably be like last years 3gs release, where you couldn't really walk into a store to casually buy one till about 2 months down the road.. i do however expect it to be longer though as this release is marginally bigger than the 3gs release

3. MasterZ macrumors member

your best bet at this point is to preorder it and have it in 2 weeks!

4. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

I think after launch day it might be awhile. Just guessing from the level of demand for the phone

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

The phones are being manufactured on a daily basis.

If it is anything like the 3G and 3Gs restocking, there will be small shipments arriving at the stores daily. they don't wait for X number of phones to ship to stores.

So you can stop in daily for walk-in ordering.

6. Gigzz macrumors regular

Slave laborers are working 24-7 to make new phones. So you can expect new shipments on a daily basis.

7. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I think they will ship them from the factory as soon as they're made rather than building up another stock pile and shipping them a week later. I think we should see more and more shipping every day after the 24th.

8. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Last I checked, they got paid. :rolleyes:

9. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Yea but it's in China, right? Who knows what kind of "wages" they get paid.

10. jreed91 macrumors regular

Talked to an Att rep and said they will have thousands in Alabama on launch day. This actually how i am getting mine. He is sending me two and will have within 3 days after launch

11. Gigzz macrumors regular

Last you checked, how much did they get paid? Last you checked, how does their pay compare to a low wage worker in other parts of the world. In the US? I'm interested to know how deep your checking went.

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

It's not a secret what they get paid at Foxconn. The bottom line is they are lining up to work there and get paid better than most workers in China. Not exactly slave labor.

They don't get paid as much as union laborers in the U.S. but then look what happened to the auto industry.....

13. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Obviously, they make lower wages than a lot of other places. There's no way of knowing how much the actual wages are since that information will never be released.

Take a look at this: http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/31/apple-rumored-to-begin-paying-foxconn-employees-direct-wages/

Of course, it's just a rumor. But it seems very possible given all of the press about the suicides and such. To call them "slave laborers" would imply that they are forced to work there without pay. That's simply not the case.

14. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Because AT&T reps are reliable.

15. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

How could I have it in 2 weeks I thought they were more backed up then that.

16. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Do you have a local Apple store nearby? They are almost certain to have more inventory than AT&T or any other reseller. I would give them a call everyday until they tell you they've got some. In the time it takes for your order to arrive, they will have certainly received some more for you to walk in and buy.

17. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. I have two stores about a half hour away. U think they will get some in on Friday the 25th or no I called and ask them and they said they don't know and eve if they did they can't give me that info. Which I think is dumb if they would know they should just say it I understand that if they didn't have a clue it's fine but I thought that was the point of making them is to sell them.

18. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Personally, i don't care if they ever ship another black one. I just want white ones coming out!

19. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

Don't really care which color since when otterbox one comes out will be over it.

20. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

So no hope for being able to walk in on that friday and pick one up?

21. Kenal0 macrumors regular

The Apple stores always have the largest inventory. They get phones in regularly after the launches and is your best bet.

Kenal0

22. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

The Apple store near me got iPad's in every single day. They didn't wait for one big shipment to send.

23. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

Do they normally get them in the moring or night like what would be the best to do go there before they open up on friday or call?

24. fuseone thread starter macrumors member

25. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Depends on how fast the hampster wheels at Foxconn can turn.