How Soon Will Refurbished Haswell rMBP Will Appear in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fskywalker, Nov 3, 2013.

1. fskywalker macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2009
    Hi. With people here reporting issues with their new Haswell rMBP and getting exchanges, plus some others returning perfectly good machines after buying a few configurations to test them against each other, I wonder how soon we will start to see refurbished Haswell rMBP on the Apple refurbished store. Any clues? I noticed there are already refurbished Haswell MBA's there (released in June 2013), but don't know how long they have been there.

I think will grab a refurbished 13" once they are there, but wonder how long will the wait will be.
  2. john123 macrumors 68020

Jul 20, 2001
    It tends to be around 6 months after launch, give or take. You'll be waiting a while.
  3. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

Jun 10, 2009
    Outside Closer
    The latest MBA appeared as refurbished two weeks ago in the UK. I think that makes 4 1/2 months, but I think that was a bit quicker than it usually takes.

So I'd say you'll see new rMBP around Feb/Mar next year, probably a bit earlier than that in the US.
  4. nlynch77 macrumors member

Mar 18, 2013
  5. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    It takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months for a product to appear on the refurbished store. You have to realize that they may not have the configuration you want right away. Only wait for a refurbished if you don't need a new computer right now and you don't mind that Apple may update the product within 3 to 6 months after you buy the refurbished unit.
  6. fskywalker thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2009
    Yes, the point in waiting is getting better than Educational prices for a Haswell rMBP. I will probably look for a 2.6/16/1TB configuration.
  7. marc55 macrumors 6502a

Oct 14, 2011
    Exactly what I was thinking
  8. vpro macrumors 65816

Jun 8, 2012
  9. fskywalker thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2009
    What do you mean?