Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Will they be available at Apple Stores the same day as the event (September 1st), or will it be like a week or so before they receive any devices? I just want to get mine as soon as possible and before they all sell out :)

Rocks.

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
Will they be available at Apple Stores the same day as the event (September 1st), or will it be like a week or so before they receive any devices? I just want to get mine as soon as possible and before they all sell out :)

I've never bought anything from Apple before, so I can't be sure. But from posts I've read on here, Apple usually gets it the day on or after the announcement. Other stores get them days or a few weeks after.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I've never bought anything from Apple before, so I can't be sure. But from posts I've read on here, Apple usually gets it the day on or after the announcement. Other stores get them days or a few weeks after.

Been waiting over a year for this update, hopefully it's not too common knowledge that the new Touch is coming out. I don't want them to sell out by the time I get up there ;)

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
This has to be the third or fourth time in the past couple days that someone has asked this. Nobody knows for sure.

Sorry, didn't realize. I did look through the forums and didn't find any specific topics (top couple pages). I was just wondering how Apple usually goes about this based off of previous stock changes.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Apple Stores SHOULD get the new devices a day or two after the keynote. Other stores a week or two after.

Should've used MRoogle, though. :p

JKK photography

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2009
So how long after the keynote will we be able to place orders on the Apple Store and receive the iPods? :)

I just moved, and I don't have an Apple store near me anymore, so I can't travel five hours for it.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
So how long after the keynote will we be able to place orders on the Apple Store and receive the iPods? :)

I just moved, and I don't have an Apple store near me anymore, so I can't travel five hours for it.

About an hour after. :)

Edit: ASSUMING that they are released/shipped to stores that day. They may not be available for a few weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.