How stable is iOS 6 Beta 2 on the iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MacBookPro13", Jul 3, 2012.

1. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I was running iOS 6 Beta 2 on my 4S but the brightness issue forced me to revert back to iOS 5.

Is that fixed?

How stable is this build overall?

2. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Are you a developer? If so, then you should be testing your apps with iOS 6. If you are not a developer, then it's up to you to decide whether the bugs are worth it. Don't expect everyone else to tell you whether certain aspects of iOS are working.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes. It is fixed. It's pretty stable on my 4S.

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

Haven't had any crashes and only one of my apps doesn't work.

5. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I thought we were still on Beta 2?

6. taedouni macrumors 65816

If you reverted back to iOS 5 then I don't think that you should be participating in a beta that was made for developers not necessarily stability and performance.

7. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

People always say that you shouldn't be running a dev build if you're not a dev, but honestly, beta 2 is flawless for me. The only issue I've had at all involve iTunes match glitches, which wasn't that great on ios 5 either.

8. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

It's the same for me, I do however have a dev account for the beta. I also have had no problems whatsoever with beta 2 at all. It's been flawless as well, no bugs except for trying to use the camera in the Messages app. I have always taken the photo first then went into the app and choose the photo. So that's not really an issue for me at all.

9. meeks macrumors regular

I'm using iOS6 b2 on my ATT 4S as my everyday phone and it's working fine so far. No real issues at all so far (fingers crossed).

10. Azadre macrumors 6502

I found it stable but slightly slower than 5 on the 4S.

11. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I've been running iOS 6 since Beta 1 on my real 4S and iPad and it's working great though of course I run into bugs here and there but nothing are crippling issues just minor annoyances which are to be expected. Apple's done a good job with this release, it's quite stable. Though I'd not recommend running it on your normal devices if you're not prepared to deal with a crippling issue.

12. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I wouldn't call any of the bugs "crippling". Minor irritations yes.

13. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

I still think this is a fantastic beta for one so early on. Anything that really annoyed me in the first beta was fixed in beta 2

14. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Me either. They're all just minor annoyances, though like I said I think you should be prepared to deal with a serious error that might come along if you're installing it on your normal device.

15. GenesisST macrumors 68000

GenesisST

Even if you are a dev (like me!), depending on your application of course, you can iron out a few things with the simulator, at least with current betas. At least you can take stock of what is broken (if anything).

I wouldn't recommend finalizing an application the week before the release, though. But there are still 2-3 betas to go, I would say.

That said, I am itching to install it on my 3GS, as I suffer from Compulsive Updating Syndrome, But I think that phone will remain on iOS5 until I change my phone in "October".

16. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Heating up quite a big for me after some usage.