How sturdy/ rigid is the MacBook Pro retina display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aboutlawrence, Nov 2, 2012.

1. aboutlawrence macrumors newbie

How sturdy is the mbp retina display? Is it OK to carry it in an appropriate bag together with a few books? If it happens that the bag is inadvertently placed on the side and the weight of the books falls on the computer, is its body/ lid strong enough to withstand the pressure?

Regards,

Lawrence

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Very theoretical question. Which books of what weight on the rMBP at what angle for how long? As soon someone says yes...someone will say no. I would say if you are concerned, you likely do not have a good bag/backpack.

Sounds to me like you need a good bag/backpack that keeps the weight of the books off the rMBP. An expensive bag costs nothing compared to the cost of a 13" or 15" rMBP.

3. Maczor macrumors regular

You can drop it from the 5th floor and it won't have a scratch on it!!! Seriously, try it out for yourself! PS: You can also drive over it with an SUV and it still won't break a sweat... :rolleyes:

4. aboutlawrence thread starter macrumors newbie

Circa 7lbs for 30 minutes, the time it took me to notice that the books might be putting some undue pressure on it. On the other hand, the device was well protected against scratches etc. in its dedicated and cushioned compartment.

Regards,

Lawrence