Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuck67322

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Well, the tethered iTouch 2G jailbreak finally came out, but I need libusb for it to work. I download the source from sourceforge, decompress the folder, inside that is a configure file. I open it and nothing happens.
Can someone help me or give a precompiled version?
Thanks!

yeroen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That's a configure script that generates a makefile. You have to run it from the terminal as so:

./configure
make
sudo make install

The steps above will generate a makefile for your platform, compile the library, and install it on your machine.

If you don't want do this from a source tarball, you install FinkCommander.app or MacPorts and install packages (many pre-compiled) that way.

Manty

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2008
Lisbon, Portugal
If you don't know how to install libusb maybe it's not a good idea to try the Tethered jailbreak, why don't you wait for the GUI? Even the Dev Team refuses to give support to this release...

Chuck67322

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
That's a configure script that generates a makefile. You have to run it from the terminal as so:

./configure
make
sudo make install

The steps above will generate a makefile for your platform, compile the library, and install it on your machine.

If you don't want do this from a source tarball, you install FinkCommander.app or MacPorts and install packages (many pre-compiled) that way.

Nah, nevermind
I already found a precompiled version
I tried opening the configure file, typing make, then sudo make install, like you said, but it didn't work.
I've heard of macports before, though, but I never gave it a chance.

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
I tried opening the configure file, typing make, then sudo make install, like you said, but it didn't work.

Do you have a compiler?:rolleyes:

I'm with Manty: If you don't know how to install libusb maybe it's not a good idea to try the Tethered jailbreak ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.