How the heck does OpenSSH affect touch sensitivity?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by SA22C, Aug 15, 2010.

1. SA22C macrumors regular

So I'm cruising along on my newish iPad, and I want to transfer some Scumm games so I can lay via ScummVM. I install openSSH, fire up cyberduck and I'm transferring away. While I'm waiting for the transfer to finish, I check some email on the iPad and the touch sensitivity is all messed up. The button hotspots are about a half a width off to the bottom, so if I want to click, I have to press Judt brow the button for the press to register. I uninstalled OpenSSH and the issue went away.

How does a network daemon have a bug so completely unrelated to its function?

2. mixvio macrumors 6502

I have considerable problems with my iPad whenever OpenSSH is left installed (active or not). I avoid installing it at all costs. I don't know how it manages to mess up stuff that seemingly have nothing to do with its intended function, but it definitely does.

3. iThinman macrumors regular

I did the jailbreak for the first time on my iPad about 3 weeks ago through the website method. Stock prior. Ive seen the openssh issue with the screen exactly once, so i know it exists and believe all the posts. I even when to Jot and watched it draw a quarter inch above my finger.

But, after a hard reboot, Ive never seen it again to this day and have used openssh extensively since.