How the hell do I install Diablo 2 on my new MacBook?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Ol3s, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Ol3s macrumors regular

Ol3s

How the hell do I install Diablo 2 on my new MacBook?

2. Ol3s thread starter macrumors regular

Ol3s

wateva i figured it out, i had to get a mac os x installer from the diablo 2 site

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Eagerly awaits the posts of from OP about Diablo 2 not working. If the original post (and I'm referring to the lack of information by the OP in their request for assistance) is any indicator of the next complaint, be sure to look forward to smart a$$ responses.

4. aluminumapple macrumors regular

what do you Not get about installing Anything.. you insert the disk. press the icon or buttons that pop up. and click "install" somewhere. its really equivalent to going on the web. entering an address. and pressing enter.

5. lewdvig macrumors 65816

You have to download a new installer from Blizzard because the files on the install disk are old.

Thanks for demonstrating your ignorance and poor attitude though.

6. J-Dob macrumors newbie

Do you mind if I ask you to be more specific? And if you know if it's possible to accomplish it with the one's you can download from Blizzard.com? Because I don't have the cd's on me.

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Log into the blizzard store. If you've ever entered the CD-key for D2 in the store, all you have to do is hit "download" and the full game will download. Otherwise you'll either have to re-buy it, or otherwise obtain it from an alternative source (you'll probably want to get someone to email you your CD-key too).

8. acrophylia macrumors newbie

I have been struggling with this issue with my mac book air. The full version installs then crashed when i try to launch it. Been there, done that with the digital version. Delete and reinstall. Tried patches, carbon versions etc. Runs fine on my PC.

I got in touch with blizzard and here is the answer (direct from "lucyt.support@blizzard.com" <lucyt.support@blizzard.com>) they gave me:

Greetings & Salutations!

I believe your system has an Intel GMA X3100 video chipset. We have a potential solution for Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction for any systems running the X3100 series of video cards using Leopard. It’s available here:

http://macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=20233

This is NOT a patch, but an alternate beta application. Please, read the readme file carefully before installing it.

Please, direct any feedback either to me directly or to macsupport@blizzard.com. We thank you for any input you have.

**NOTE: This is for Single Player only. It won’t work on Battle.net.**

I checked and sure enough that is what my system has. Mac had dropped the 256 color option on the X3100 and this makes Diablo 2 incompatable with my mac.:mad:

You can read the same information on the link lucy gave me. Hope this helps some of those frustrated Diablo 2 players like me.