How the iOS 7 calendar should be IMO

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sero323, Jul 19, 2013.

1. sero323 macrumors regular

I put this together just to see how it would look like. I think it would be cool if you can see this in landscape mode when in month view. This is obviously not 100% finished i put 30min into this but just wanted to share and get an opinion on it.

Attached Files:

2. sero323 thread starter macrumors regular

Alittle more organized....

Attached Files:

3. Stalyn macrumors regular

4. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

They really need to improve iOS 7's calendar. I know it's Beta but that is the one thing that I really don't like about it. I kept iOS 6 on my iPad so I use that when I need to view/add to the calendar. I think most people would like to look at the month and see events listed instead of dots. The dots don't tell me anything. They are a few steps backwards (my opinion). Quick, easy viewing is what most people want and those dots don't provide that. There are still many Betas before the final release so I hope this turns out to be a good app!

5. KenAFSPC, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013

KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

All Apple calendar software developers should use Apple Calendars+ by Readdle for a week to see how a calendar app should work, IMO. The current Apple calendar app isn't competitive with third party calendar apps.

I know some people say, "why should Apple bother when customers can simply download a superior third party calendar app?" We'll, they should because that's not true. The millions of iPhones provided by employers to employees tend to be "managed" devices which do not permit third-party app installs.

6. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

That's pretty good. Gives you an at a glance month and list view together.

7. sero323 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree dots are trash if you have a bunch of events on your calendar. It's just not intuitive anymore. I have to do a lot to get to something simple.

8. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Apple have really fudged up the latest calendar (as well as the rest of ios 7 imo for ease of use)

First they got rid of the preview pane and dots which made the app as useful as a picture of a calendar

Then they added the dots but most of us busy folk have dots every day so it was pointless

They need to bring the preview pane back

I've filed bug reports, apple marked them as read but didn't make the changes in the last beta. If enough people file reports they might change it.