How the Tablet will conquer the gaming industry

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stormbringer, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Stormbringer macrumors regular

Well, I saw the following video, and I immediately thought of the tablet. Well, Apple did a great job regarding the gaming industry for the iPhone, and it's going better and better, and I think the Tablet won't be different (as it's multitouch, portable, and same concept), especially considering the rumors.

So off course you can play Tap Tap Revenge on the Tablet itself, but in combination with a big screen you have a whole gaming console and controller in one! :)
    And the (overpriced :D) add-ons (white plastic housings, like the Wii has in the form of a steering wheel for example) will make the controls easier and more fun.

Here's the point, you get this white plastic housing, place your Tablet in it, and you have the next generation of Guitar Hero:eek:!

Yeah, I'm a bit exaggerating, but still I really like the idea... ;)

2. cmaier macrumors G3

Unless there is a d-pad, I don't wanna hear it. Even a standard add-on that all game developers could code to would be good enough.

3. wisty macrumors regular

You won't get hardcore gamers to use something without a d-pad, but a lot of casual gamers (Wii / DS players) will just want to point and click on their virtual radish patch.

Facebook is (I hear) a massive gaming platform, and it doesn't need a d-pad.

4. chandler55 macrumors newbie

if theres a stylus that will help the strategy games, putting roads and trees in simcity precisely will be a pain if its finger only

5. cmaier macrumors G3

I want a d-pad :-(

6. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

7. robfromabove macrumors regular

I think conquer is too strong a word. But depending on its abilities, I do think it has the capacity for Apple's gaming marketshare to grow.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Likelihood of optional 3rd party d pad wireless to a tablet?
    I'd say high :)

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The stuff on Facebook isn't going to make any dent in the "gaming industry." It may be a new segment, but Farmville and its cousins get OLD very quickly. I can't believe people spend money on those games to put a frickin' shiny tree on a farm.

10. wisty macrumors regular

They aint too different to WoW, in terms of gameplay ... a little less plot, but plot isn't device dependent.

11. Pachang macrumors regular

Tablet may have tactile feedback. You may see a d-pad yet.

12. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Farmville doesn't get old to some - note Leo and Jason's reaction on the thought of a tblet running FarmVille on TWiT.
    Even if it does get old that money the person paid to the developer is still theirs.
    The Flurry story about what types of app are being tested on tablets at Cupertino makes an interesting link back to gaming.