How this for a deal?!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flavr, May 20, 2016.

1. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

I was holding off waiting for the supposed new MBPs in June then found a killer deal on craigslist. I picked up the top of the line current MBP:

2.5GHz Processor
    512 GB Storage

• 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
    • Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
    • 16GB 1600MHz memory
    • 512GB PCIe-based flash storage1
    • Intel Iris Pro Graphics
    • AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Built-in battery (9 hours)2
    • Force Touch trackpad

$2499

PLUS Apple Care $349

All for $1500 total! The older gentleman showed up. Talked about his wife. Was very nice. He called Apple Care and transferred it to me on the spot. The MBP is 100% in the box flawless, he said barely used. Hows that for a deal?! He even gave me a free magic mouse.

Over $3100 MBP including taxes for only $1500 :) Deals are out there folks, keep looking!

2. squarebreathing macrumors member

squarebreathing

It's cursed, you bought a cursed macbook.

Lol, nah that really is a good deal. I wouldn't gamble more than $500 on a used computer (used computers always have some sort of gamble) but yea, great find on that one because it still has apple care.

3. ceparker27 macrumors member

ceparker27

DAMN. You made out like a bandit. Well done. It will serve you super well and is awesome especially for the price. I thought mine was a steal at $2k six months ago.

4. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

5. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

I still think the $1600 brand new top shelf 15" from last Black Friday's impossible to beat, but you scored for sure, OP.

6. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

No way. For one, it's a black Friday sale. This guy found this deal on any given day. For two, it's a black Friday sale. Waiting in line with a whole bunch of inconsiderate crazy people with nothing better to do, and then going to war like a gladiator with no purpose, treating each other like animals while acting like animals, fighting over material items as if it were water and food during and apocalypse, is worth AT LEAAAAAST an additional 3000 dollars. Or your soul.

I say this man has the best deal on the forum, from what we can tell.

7. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Err what? I've actually never shopped intentionally at a brick and motor store on black Friday and always got great deals.... I went to a beet buy around 4 pm one year and it was empty and I needed a pair of headphones so I went there and found some good items left. I typically buy online and find good deals online.

8. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

It was an online deal. BF brick 'n mortar's for the plebs.

9. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Sigh now your insulting people? Perhaps people rather shop in stores than online because of choice?

10. killawat macrumors 65816

That was for 2014 rMBP though.

11. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Hey fellas, I'm not talking personally... I'm just saying, for those who do that stuff and get all crazy. Black Friday doesn't count, in my book though. But I'm just some idiot on the compooter.

12. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

Great deal on a great laptop. Enjoy it.

Just about a month ago I did the same thing. I picked up a 2015 rMBP BTO (2.8/16/1tb) from a friend. It was just too much computer for him so I scored a deal. Couldn't be happier.

13. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

The only way that makes sense, is if it physically too big. Not questioning you, only the line of thinking.