How to accept a previously declined meeting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rogzilla, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Rogzilla macrumors regular

I'm having dinner with a work friend. We set up a meeting on our Outlook calendars and I forwarded the meeting to my iCould email. I accepted the invite on there and everything was OK.

We had to reschedule and my buddy sent me the new invite. When it didn't change on my phone, I decided to try declining the event and resending it to me with the new time. However, now it wont let me add the event to my Calendar because it has me down as declining it and I dont' know how to change it.

What can I do (short of just making my own Calendar event)?

2. saikyan macrumors newbie

Stumbled across this while googling the same issue. I figured it out though, here's how:

1. Go to Mail, and tap the back button in the upper left until you get to the Mailboxes page

2. Scroll down, look under the Accounts header and open the affected e-mail account.

3. This will show you the Trash for this account, in the trash will be the declined invitation. Tap the Edit button in the upper right.

4. Tap the declined meeting, tap the Move button, tap Inbox (this will re-activate the Invitation by moving it to the inbox)

5. Click the Home button and open your Calendar.

6. Tap the Calendar inbox button in the lower right corner, this will hold the re-activated Invitation, which you can then tap on and Accept.