How to access Hotmail on Mail.app on iPhone for FREE!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Turbunator92, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Turbunator92 macrumors member

Hiya guys,
    ive been having this problem in trying to get my Hotmail account working on the Mail.app for the iPhone 3G. Whilst searching through Google i stumbled across an interesting method that i thought i'd share with you:

HTML:
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20071218184905987

on the site where it says 'If you don't have an option for forwarding, you may be out of luck'
    i used the information on this site:

HTML:
    http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/native-iphone-ipod-touch-app-discussion/14171-hotmail-iphone-mail-app-free-windows-live.html
    ...and now i can easily access my Hotmail account through the Mail.app for free:D

Hope this is of help to anyone

Turbunator92

2. gugy macrumors 68030

I think it only works for a Hotmail Plus account. I tried using my free Hotmail and the problem is that I can only forward emails from hotmail to another MSN accounts like msn, live, etc.
    It did not accept GMail. Lame :mad:

The only way for free hotmail accounts I think is using izymail, but you have to pay $18 p/year.

3. Turbunator92 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i had the same problem in Hotmail only allowing me to forward messages to msn, windows live etc. only. to overcome this problem i registered with MSN Mobile and then changed the settings to ensure i never get sent a message (which will cost standard network rate). By signing up to this for some reason it allowd me to forward my email to Google Mail. BTW i am not on hotmail plus or premium, i just didn't want to pay the yearly fee for IzyMail