How to access iPhone4 photos in windows explorer (XP)?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psac, Oct 28, 2010.

1. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

At home I have Windows Vista and when I connect my iPhone I see the directory with the photos and can access through Explorer. At work we have XP Pro, and no iTunes. When I connect my iPhone, it shows up in Explorer under "Scanners and Cameras", and I can't access the menus like a normal drive. Is there any way to get access to the photo directory in XP?

Thanks!

2. JDNGuru macrumors member

I would just download iTunes so it can get the driver. Than, plug the phone into the computer and open up My Computer. The iPhone will be displayed somewhere in there, double-click it and search for the DCIM folder and the pics should be in there.

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

When the iPhone shows up under Scanners and Cameras, you should be able to just double click on the iPhone icon and it should move through. You should see the next level folder, then double click on that and then get into the photo folder. Also, when it recognizes it as a camera, you should be able to just import the pictures using the scanner and camera wizard.

4. psac thread starter macrumors 6502a

psac

Thanks for the replies! My guess is the driver thing is correct. Thanks again for the help.