How to access my iPhone storage via CMD in Windows OS.

hack3rcon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
Hello.
When I plug a cell phone to my system then windows create a drive in "My Computer" but it has not any label like "C:" or... How can I access it via "CMD"? I can't see it in "DiskPart" too.

Thank you.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I think the iPhone mounts under "Scanners and Cameras" and you should be able to access it using file explorer. If you must access it through cmd line, then you could try something like: https://macroplant.com/iexplorer/tutorials/how-to-auto-mount-a-directory-on-iphone-ipad-ipod

Alternatively, some people are saying you can put the iPhone into "DFU" mode (I think Apple refers to this as recovery mode now) and windows will assign it a drive letter.

Note: I haven't tested either options as I don't have any reason to access the iPhone through a cmd prompt.

tarsins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
I don't think you'll be able to see anything other than the DCIM folder which is essentially your camera roll.

hack3rcon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
Alternatively, some people are saying you can put the iPhone into "DFU" mode (I think Apple refers to this as recovery mode now) and windows will assign it a drive letter.

Note: I haven't tested either options as I don't have any reason to access the iPhone through a cmd prompt.
Is it possible without third-party?

Last edited:

hack3rcon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
I think the iPhone mounts under "Scanners and Cameras" and you should be able to access it using file explorer. If you must access it through cmd line, then you could try something like: https://macroplant.com/iexplorer/tutorials/how-to-auto-mount-a-directory-on-iphone-ipad-ipod

I don't think you'll be able to see anything other than the DCIM folder which is essentially your camera roll.
I like to see my personal files like photos and videos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.