how to activate Gevey unlocked iPhone 4 without original sim

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jovana, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Jovana macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I bought my iphone 4 in Japan and I am currently living in France.

I used a Gevey unlocked iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1. Yesterday I restored and updated it to 5.0.1 using redsn0w_win_0.9.10b5 and NO_BB_iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore, therefore preserving bb.

But I do not have my original japanese sim card and cannot activate my phone, although I have the usual greeting message from gevey on start? Am I unlockable ? Is there any solution? Would jailbreak do the trick?

Help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Buy one on ebay or ask someone in Japan to send one to you. Or hacktivate it. IMO, hacktivation can lead to problems, so it's best avoided.
    Why didn't you keep the original sim?

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Just jailbreak it with redsn0w, the phone will be activated afterwards!

5. mphilip, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

I don't think Redsn0w allows to hactivate (kindly correct if I'm wrong) , since it didn't work for me - I created a custom hactivated firmware using Sn0wbreeze and restored via iTunes. SAM was later used to make it WildcardActivated. I use the Gevey Ultra with FuriousMod 2.0! Push Notifications, Facetime and iMessages all work fine without any problems ...

My specs : iPhone 4G 5.0.1 JB , Baseband 4.10.01 , Gevey Ultra(from Applenberry) , FuriousMod 2.0 , Siri Spire with blizzarddevteam Proxy ...

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

redsn0w 9.10b5 does hactivate unless you select deactivated during the process, you can choose.

7. mphilip macrumors member

mphilip

Thanks TriJet. Maybe i missed it out in some of the options. But the Sn0wbreeze way was what worked for me in the end.