how to activate iphone 4s without orginal sim

atlantatan1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
I bought the 4s from craigslist I try to activate from itune keep asking to enter ss number and zipcode how do I get around to do it.
Absinthe cant jailbreak it coz i dont have the original sim.Thnx in advance...

scott:mac

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Great Britain
I bought the 4s from craigslist I try to activate from itune keep asking to enter ss number and zipcode how do I get around to do it.
Enter the Serial and ZIP code.

You need to register your phone.
Absinthe should jailbreak your phone, its MADE for people who want to unlock their phones with other SIMs so why would they block unoriginal SIMs?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I'd bring it to Apple and tell them you can't activate it. They should give you a replacement.
Unless the original owner gives you the last 4 of his social and billing zip.
If not you will never be able to activate it.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Enter the Serial and ZIP code.

You need to register your phone.
Absinthe should jailbreak your phone, its MADE for people who want to unlock their phones with other SIMs so why would they block unoriginal SIMs?
sigh, you are confusing jailbreaking and unlocking; two different things...

TS follow AJ advice.

atlantatan1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
I try to use my friend at&t account pop up message say call apple or at&t to get the phone activate and the next message is enter his ss number and zipcode still not activate.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I try to use my friend at&t account pop up message say call apple or at&t to get the phone activate and the next message is enter his ss number and zipcode still not activate.
It's not gonna happen.
The original owner should have activated it. It only takes 10 seconds but it has to be done only that one initial time with his info associated with that subsidized iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.