Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prasoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2008
I just received my 3GS this morning and it needs to be activated with Apple. Unfortunately I don't have a SIM card that is what my phone is locked to. No idea what the firmware version is (as I cannot access any menus, nor my baseband version). Any quick AIO tool that can do this for me?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I just received my 3GS this morning and it needs to be activated with Apple. Unfortunately I don't have a SIM card that is what my phone is locked to. No idea what the firmware version is (as I cannot access any menus, nor my baseband version). Any quick AIO tool that can do this for me?

You can run F0recast by iH8Snow to determine what your iPhone is on. Mostly likely 4.1 but you can also jailbreak with LimeRa1n or GreenPois0n and it'll "hactivate" your iPhone.

prasoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Ok, got the information :)

Baseband: 05.14.02
Bootloader: 6.4
Model: MC132

Firmware: 4.1

Does the baseband and bootloader affect the unlockability?

prasoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Thanks :) So I can still "hactivate" it but not use it as a phone (unless I get a right carrier)?

prasoc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2008
GreenPois0n said "Jailbreak failed" and left my iphone on a white screen? ahhhhhh is it broken?!!

edit: a bit scared there haha. It restarts fine :)

edit2: limera1n worked fine! Now all I have to do is wait for a baseband hack lol

Last edited:

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
GreenPois0n said "Jailbreak failed" and left my iphone on a white screen? ahhhhhh is it broken?!!

edit: a bit scared there haha. It restarts fine :)

edit2: limera1n worked fine! Now all I have to do is wait for a baseband hack lol

Great. The unlock should be updated within the week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.