How to activate new off-contract Verizon 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbf1138, Sep 24, 2015.

1. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

Is there a simple step by step for how to move my SIM over from my 6 to the 6S tomorrow? I'm off contract on Verizon, don't want to mess anything up with my unlimited data plan. Anything to watch out for?

2. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

All I did last year with my 6 Plus was take the SIM out of my old iPhone and put it in the new one before I powered it on. Once I powered the 6 Plus on, Verizon LTE came up within seconds and my phone worked fine. Nothing with change with your unlimited plan.

3. flur macrumors 68000

When I did this with my 5s, I didn't have a SIM to move over and it didn't activate properly, so I had to call Verizon. The group that does activations is completely separate from the one that does plans, and she assured me that nothing was going to change with my plan, that as I didn't use the upgrade I would keep my unlimited data. Everything worked fine once we got it activated and no plan change happened.

So, basically, don't worry too much if you do find you have to call them.

4. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

I have unlimited data with Verizon also and have used the exact same SIM card for the last 3-4 years, just moving it from iPhone to iPhone. Just don't turn on the new device until you put in your activated SIM. And destroy the new SIM card to be safe.

5. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess this is what I was after...so, put my old/current SIM in the new phone and don't use the SIM that comes with my new 6S?

6. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Yup, exactly