How to add a photo to a text message for Android user?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davidinva, Oct 4, 2014.

1. davidinva macrumors 6502a

New to iPhone (and smart phones) here. I want to send text messages with attached photos to someone with an Android phone from my iPhone. Messages won't let me send a message with a photo attached. I can send a message with photo to an Apple device. Is there another message App that can do that?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It should just go as a mms. Check your message settings (settings > messages)

Was the android user a recent iPhone user?

3. maliu macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem. One person was a recent iPhone user and one has never been one. I have checked all my settings.

4. Maetzle macrumors regular

Maetzle

I had that problem back when I got my iPhone 4 - turned out that I was lacking the MMS settings from my carrier.

5. r-m macrumors 6502a

I switch MMS off, because it isn't inclusive in my plan. I get charged extra for them.
    So, I can't send a picture to a non-apple number.

Settings- Messages- under the SMS/MMS section, MMS Messaging. I have this turned off, so am unable to add a photo to a text message. Turning it on allows me to.

I usually send via WhatsApp or email to a non-Apple user. Another option would be upload to an image sharing site (or dropbox, which I prefer), and send them the link.

6. maliu macrumors 6502a

Verizon fixed my issue yesterday. Now I can send pics just fine.

7. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Excellent, provisioning tends to fix things. My iPhone 5 used to be provisioned as a 4, which meant that I could not access LTE. Quick phone call fixed that.