How to add cards to Apple pay watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by michael31986, Apr 27, 2015.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

It says I need to add cards on the watch app. When I do it days add passcode but then it doesn't show anything to add the card. Also what is the point of putting mirror iPhone if the cards on my iPhone aren't mirrored

2. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Each device uses a different token, so you cannot mirror your iPhone with your Apple Watch.

You can mirror your Passbook info, and that's what "Mirror My iPhone" means under that header.

You add cards on your iPhone under the Apple Watch app in the Passbook and ApplePay section.

3. Dgoins1 macrumors regular

The code will come from card issuer

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

How do I add he Starbucks card. Nothing on my phone is showing on my watch. I don't get how to add it. Sorry I'm just not getting it.

5. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

Had the same issue on launch day. I rebooted my 6 Plus and my watch twice before I could add cards or see all of my icons. Try a reboot or two. Lot of background Bluetooth stuff going on upon first connection.

6. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Still nothing not even credit cards. I don't get it.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Starbucks card is different, that is in passbook. Not sure what you aren't getting, just add credit card in watch app on iphone.

8. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

The Watch manual is very clear on how to add credit cards and how to add other cards. You have to enter your credit cards separately on the watch for security reasons. That how Apple Pay was designed.

Read the manual!

9. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

If you live near a store make an appointment for setup help. They are offering them for free. My father-in-law did this for his iMac and it has helped him greatly.

10. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

Was able to add cards pretty easy. Citi (CC) sent a text with a verification code that then enabled the card on the watch. Same with a Chase Debit card.
    Capital One was more challenging. Had to call and speak with a rep and then went through a lengthy verification process. Was then handed over to another rep that requested a call back to verify additional info.
    However, can't complain about having enough security.

11. mistame macrumors member

The watch requires that you have a passcode enabled in order to add cards for apple pay. You can go into the settings app on the watch (the last option in the list) and set a passcode or set it from the watch app on your phone.

12. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Good call, sounds like OP is just waiting for them to show up, he needs to add passcode, then the cards, then add starbucks to passbook.

13. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

14. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I was in the same situation and wondering the same thing. I added my Amex card on my Watch so it shows up when I double-click the side button, but my starbucks card wasn't showing there as an option.

I made sure it was added to my iPhone and still didn't see it there. HOWEVER, if you open the passbook app on your Watch you'll see that your starbucks card *is* there along with whatever other cc/debit cards you've set up, and when you scroll down a bit it displays the bar code for it so you can pay with it that way.

15. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Why do you need to add passcode to put credit cards on the watch? I don't see it asking me for the code when I use the card so what is it for? Sorry just a little confused.

16. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It is to keep someone from taking your :apple:Watch and charging your CC.

17. mrboba1 macrumors regular

Re: Starbucks card

If you open the Passbook app on the Watch after you have it mirroring your phone, you will see all your passes. I'm not sure you can simply 2-click to activate ApplePay to bring up your Starbucks card.
    --I haven't tried it though, I don't go to SB much:eek:

18. mistame macrumors member

Double clicking the side watch button will only show apple pay supported cards, not your full passbook. At least not until Starbucks becomes a financial institution that issues credit/debit cards :)

19. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

why doesn't it ask me then? is it because its on my wrist?

20. mistame macrumors member

It's not supposed to ask you before each time using your card. Your watch will "lock" after you take it off your wrist and will ask you for a passcode the next time you try and use your watch, only once until you take it off again. It *might* not ask you if you have the "Unlock with iPhone" option turned on and you unlock your phone before using your watch, but you should see a lock symbol in the top center of the watch when it's locked.