How to add click sound

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by razorboy1969, Nov 21, 2009.

1. razorboy1969 macrumors newbie

Nov 21, 2009
    Hi. I'm a mac noob, having bought my first Macbook Pro exactly one week ago. I have a question regarding sound configuration. I would like to add a click sound (or any other sound for that matter) whenever i click on a button or link, using the trackpad. The reason being that sometimes when i click on an internet link, i had to click twice sometimes because i'm not really sure if i have clicked it properly the first time (had to look at the 'loading' window to be sure i have clicked the link properly). Is this option configurable? I have been tinkering with my mac extensively and i'm pretty sure it isn't in the system pref. Have also tried Googling but all in vain. Maybe a custom script?
    Thanks a lot. Any input would be appreciated.

ps. is SL 10.6.2 a stable release?
  2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

Jul 26, 2004
    Montreal, QC
    There's no built-in function that can do this. There might be some third-party app, but I suggest giving yourself a few weeks to get used to the touch of the trackpad. If you have tap-to-click turned on (under  -> System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Trackpad), you barely have to touch the trackpad to register a click, at least on the older pre-glass trackpads.

If it shows up in Software Update, it's stable. Betas are only released to paid ADC members.
  3. razorboy1969 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 21, 2009
    ok. thanks for the reply. being a former Windows user (still has it in Boot Camp, although i find myself using it less and less), i was used to the reassuring sound whenever i click on something on the screen. oh well ..
    btw i have the glass trackpad.
    and yeah, SL did show up at the software update. might give it a try. it's a whopping 500Mb download.