Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Hi all,

I've been trying to find a way to add more than one album covers to an album on iTunes but I couldn't figure a way on how to do it. Is there a way to do it?

Ex: artist A has different album covers for her album A (CD version, CD+DVD version, CD+bluray version), and I want to include all album covers to one album that I own.

My iTunes version is the most recent one: 12.4.2.4

Thanks

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Hmm, as I know you can add different albums for each song. And I guess you should be able to embed more than one album artwork in a song but iTunes only displays one of them.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
You click "Add Artwork" in the Get Info Artwork tab and add them all one by one. The last one added is the one that becomes the Album Artwork and the others go under Other Artwork. Also: If you're using something like Yoink to manage drag and drop stuff, you drag to the right of the artwork to add to that section.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
You click "Add Artwork" in the Get Info Artwork tab and add them all one by one. The last one added is the one that becomes the Album Artwork and the others go under Other Artwork. Also: If you're using something like Yoink to manage drag and drop stuff, you drag to the right of the artwork to add to that section.

Hi Jessica, I've tried adding them one by one as you've suggested. The last one that I added indeed became the Album Artwork but I couldn't find the previous ones that I added. Where can I find Other Artwork? All I can see under Artwork tab is just the last picture. Thanks.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Hi Jessica, I've tried adding them one by one as you've suggested. The last one that I added indeed became the Album Artwork but I couldn't find the previous ones that I added. Where can I find Other Artwork? All I can see under Artwork tab is just the last picture. Thanks.

Can you not scroll (towards the right) and see the other artwork?

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Can you not scroll (towards the right) and see the other artwork?

No, here's what it looks like on mine. The picture is not scrollable even when I've added more than one pictures. The one showing is the last one that I added.

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 13.56.13.png

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
No, here's what it looks like on mine. The picture is not scrollable even when I've added more than one pictures. The one showing is the last one that I added.

Hmm, that's weird. I just tried it again on an album here and it's letting me go through them all. Try resizing your Get Info panel to be bigger and see if it's even adding it to Other or if it's replacing the main artwork.

I did some searching on Apple's discussion forums and found out that this feature has been working and not working between iTunes updates.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
It looks like you only have one piece of art there. When you add your second piece, make sure the existing piece of art is not selected. If it's selected, it'll be replaced. You don't want that. You want the new art added.

Reactions: Arran

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
It looks like you only have one piece of art there. When you add your second piece, make sure the existing piece of art is not selected. If it's selected, it'll be replaced. You don't want that. You want the new art added.
That's it. "Not selected" means no blue border round the old artwork as you drag the new artwork in. That's key.

And just fyi, multiple artwork is working here on latest iTunes 12.4.2.4

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Hmm, that's weird. I just tried it again on an album here and it's letting me go through them all. Try resizing your Get Info panel to be bigger and see if it's even adding it to Other or if it's replacing the main artwork.

I did some searching on Apple's discussion forums and found out that this feature has been working and not working between iTunes updates.

That's it. "Not selected" means no blue border round the old artwork as you drag the new artwork in. That's key.

And just fyi, multiple artwork is working here on latest iTunes 12.4.2.4

Hi, all. Thanks for your responses.

I tried chabig's suggestion and I could see 'Other Artwork' after adding more images (see spoiler). This is BEFORE clicking on OK button.

AFTER I clicked on OK button and wanted to view all the images again, they were all gone except the last image that I added, which also became the Album Cover. The 'Other Artwork' section and all the images were gone.

How to make them stay there?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 10.04.58.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 10.04.58.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.