How to Add Networked External Drive to Favorites?

Reg88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I have an iMac with an external FW drive named "G" attached.

I created an icon on my MBP desktop so that when I click it, the drive opens as a folder.

Is there a way for me to put a shortcut/alias to this drive in the Favorites section of the finder on my MPB? As it stands right now, if I want to save from the MBP to the "G" drive, I need to go to the save or export dialogue in the application, navigate to my iMac under shared. then navigate to the external drive (which looks like a shared folder), and then I can save.

Is there an easier way to save data from my MBP to the "G" drive on the iMac?

Thank you!

satcomer

macrumors 603
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Mount the Drive on your Desktop. Then go into System Preferences->Accounts (User & Groups in 10.8.x), login item mini-tab and add that drive to your startup items.

Plus why in the world would you use only a one letter name for a drive? That is so Windows it is not even funny.

Reg88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Mount the Drive on your Desktop. Then go into System Preferences->Accounts (User & Groups in 10.8.x), login item mini-tab and add that drive to your startup items.

Plus why in the world would you use only a one letter name for a drive? That is so Windows it is not even funny.

Thank you!

And it's not really called "G". It's a G-Drive but it's real name is: Klove.

Reg88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010

I figured it out (dragged icon from desktop to finder favorites area).

thanks.

Last edited: