How to add previous version of the app

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gaanee, Jan 6, 2014.

1. gaanee macrumors 6502a

So I had been using an app for quite some time. Today I updated it on the iphone, and the new version is annoying with flashing ads on the top. So I put the saved old .ipa file in the itunes mobile applications folder and sync with the iphone. But its giving a message that you are not authorized for it on this computer. I had recently reformatted my computer and copied the saved version from external drive to itunes folder. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

2. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. white4s Suspended

4. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Apple added Previous Versions to the Mac App Store, so they might introduce it soon to the iOS App Store. Until then, the only way would be to use some kind of workaround.

5. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

there are some 3rd party websites that have all the old versions of apps. google is your friend

6. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do you do when you reformat the computer or set up a new one?
    I backed up all application .ipa files and after reformatting put it back in itunes-> mobile applications folder, but then itunes says this computer is not authorized even though I am logged in to mu account.

7. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

You have to re-authorize iTunes after reformatting. In iTunes, go to Store -> Authorize This Computer

8. gaanee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks djtech42! That worked.