Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch is the perfect device for quickly glancing at the things you need to do today or to fill you in on your plans for the weekend. It is also a useful device for quickly setting up a reminder without needing to pull out an iPhone.

Apple-Watch-Calendar-1-800x427.jpg

While much of the setup for Calendars is done on iPhone, you can use Apple Watch to respond to invites, add a quick event, and get alerts to remind you when to leave for your next appointment.

Using the Calendar App

The Calendar App on Apple Watch is tied to Apple's native Calendar app on iOS, which is also compatible with OS X. I sync my Calendar app with Google Calendar, but it is compatible with a number of services, like Exchange, Facebook, Yahoo, and remote servers via CalDAV. In order to use the Calendar app on Apple Watch, you must be using it in some form on iPhone.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: How to Add Reminders and View Your Daily Schedule on Apple Watch

Pakaku

macrumors 68030
Aug 29, 2009
Looking at the squished text in those "screencaps" is painful...

Robswi

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015

Apple Watch is the perfect device for quickly glancing at the things you need to do today or to fill you in on your plans for the weekend. It is also a useful device for quickly setting up a reminder without needing to pull out an iPhone.

Apple-Watch-Calendar-1-800x427.jpg

While much of the setup for Calendars is done on iPhone, you can use Apple Watch to respond to invites, add a quick event, and get alerts to remind you when to leave for your next appointment.

Using the Calendar App

The Calendar App on Apple Watch is tied to Apple's native Calendar app on iOS, which is also compatible with OS X. I sync my Calendar app with Google Calendar, but it is compatible with a number of services, like Exchange, Facebook, Yahoo, and remote servers via CalDAV. In order to use the Calendar app on Apple Watch, you must be using it in some form on iPhone.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: How to Add Reminders and View Your Daily Schedule on Apple Watch
Okay, you say that I should be able to add location based reminders on the watch and I kinda remember having done so but when I try it now I get " The calendar that tracks your reminders doesn't support location based reminders"

I've tried removing various calendars from the watch to the point, I think, of only having the Apple calendar app ... I've tried removing various calendars from the watch to the point, I think, of only having the Apple calendar app Anyone have any suggestions?

slprescott

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
MacRumors: thanks for posting these occasional "How To" articles.

Despite much of this information being available elsewhere, the Apple Watch is new enough -- and different enough -- that many of us are still working our way through use-cases and techniques. Your articles provide both guidance and a forum for peer-to-peer conversation.

Robswi

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015
Okay, you say that I should be able to add location based reminders on the watch and I kinda remember having done so but when I try it now I get " The calendar that tracks your reminders doesn't support location based reminders"

I've tried removing various calendars from the watch to the point, I think, of only having the Apple calendar app ... I've tried removing various calendars from the watch to the point, I think, of only having the Apple calendar app Anyone have any suggestions?

Robswi

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015
What I really want to know is has anyone actually used the watch to set a location based reminder successfully?

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
Looking at the squished text in those "screencaps" is painful...

I've had cataract surgery and wear glasses and absolutely NO problem reading these caps or the watch. You absolutely need to visit an optometrist or ophthalmologist. I'm concerned you have some serious vision issues that should be checked out. Good luck.

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
MacRumors: thanks for posting these occasional "How To" articles.

Despite much of this information being available elsewhere, the Apple Watch is new enough -- and different enough -- that many of us are still working our way through use-cases and techniques. Your articles provide both guidance and a forum for peer-to-peer conversation.

Absolutely agreed. I think they are great and save me lots of time searching elsewhere.

Pakaku

macrumors 68030
Aug 29, 2009
I've had cataract surgery and wear glasses and absolutely NO problem reading these caps or the watch. You absolutely need to visit an optometrist or ophthalmologist. I'm concerned you have some serious vision issues that should be checked out. Good luck.
Squishing text into a narrow six-letter wide collumn is what looks so painful about it. Not the font size itself.

watch2014

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2016
Siri is great for adding reminders when it is available. When it is not available, there are apps like AddReminder on the app store that allow to type reminders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.