How To - Add Telephone #'s as Webclips

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrPunk2u, Feb 8, 2008.

1. MrPunk2u macrumors member

MrPunk2u

hey guys,

i put together a way to get webclips on the homescreen that will call someone when pressed, and added a pic of the person as the Webclip.

It can be done on either windoze or mac, and you don't need a hacked iPhone, just a website of your own and photoshop (some photo editor).

Sorry the pics are so blurry, but since my phone isn't hacked, I don't have a screenshot app. I can take better pics later, these are from a coworker's phone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The HOW TO: http://mrpunk2u.blogspot.com/2008/02/iphone-how-to-picture-webclips-for.html

2. dvd macrumors regular

dvd

It's been done. Nice tutorial, though. I agree, this should be a built-in function.

3. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

go to www.springlets.com on your phone and it'll do it and it has a nice icon for it too.

4. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

Well, this is cool but I have found it is just as quick and easy to add the numbers I call most often to favorites. Actually alot quicker then tap the icon it opens safari and then I have the number and have to hit call. I agree a nice feature but I gotta believe they will have something more directed as hit the icon and dials with nothing else needing to be done. Just my $.02;)

5. samiwas macrumors 65816

Well, I'll be the first to say that I actually do like your tutorial and the way you did it. I like having the photo icons rather than generic phone icons (ie Springlets quick dials). So thanks! I do hope that the SDK or Apple brings a native version of this kind of thing without having to use the internet and a website.