Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrPunk2u

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
West Hollywood, CA
hey guys,

i put together a way to get webclips on the homescreen that will call someone when pressed, and added a pic of the person as the Webclip.

It can be done on either windoze or mac, and you don't need a hacked iPhone, just a website of your own and photoshop (some photo editor).

Sorry the pics are so blurry, but since my phone isn't hacked, I don't have a screenshot app. I can take better pics later, these are from a coworker's phone.

2251560046_55564bdb46_m.jpg

2251560050_ec0b7dd8b6_m.jpg

The HOW TO: http://mrpunk2u.blogspot.com/2008/02/iphone-how-to-picture-webclips-for.html

westernmass

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Western Mass.
Well, this is cool but I have found it is just as quick and easy to add the numbers I call most often to favorites. Actually alot quicker then tap the icon it opens safari and then I have the number and have to hit call. I agree a nice feature but I gotta believe they will have something more directed as hit the icon and dials with nothing else needing to be done. Just my $.02;)

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Well, I'll be the first to say that I actually do like your tutorial and the way you did it. I like having the photo icons rather than generic phone icons (ie Springlets quick dials). So thanks! I do hope that the SDK or Apple brings a native version of this kind of thing without having to use the internet and a website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.