How to add to-do items in the Calendar app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hajime, Nov 22, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, we can enter daily meetings in the stock Calendar app. How about to-do items?

2. RedOrchestra Suspended

Why not ... just assign one of the "unique" colours as to-dos . enter a date . and an alert . and you have a to-do list.

3. KALLT macrumors 601

Apple has phased out to-dos into the Reminders app. It is hooked up to the same calendars.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

I think the app requires one to enter the start and end time.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Like KALLT mentioned, tasks (to-do) are now in the Reminders app and do not show in Calendars. There are paid, third party apps like Fantastical and Busycal that integrate tasks into the calendar. I use Fantastical, but it is not cheap.

6. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

Usually I just use Calendars and Timepage. I worry that using too many calendar apps may mess up the real schedule due to potential compatibility issue. Do I have to worry?

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

TimePage appears to use its own database, and does not touch OS X Calendar or Reminders data at all, so I don't see how it could hurt either.

Other apps like Fantastical I mentioned actually use the OS X Calendar and Reminders and iCloud database, so yes in theory could corrupt that data I suppose. That said, I have not had any issues with Fantastical. I actually like it because it does use iCloud data. So I can enter a task in Fantastical on my MacBook and shows up in the Reminders app on my wife's iPad for example.

8. RedOrchestra Suspended

Which can be the exact same time. Are you just wanting to set up a daily to-do list or some generalized list?

Set it up as an 8:00 am start/end each day and list all the stuff you need in notes very easy

9. KALLT macrumors 601

Or you just mark it as ‘all-day’.