How To: Apple techs dont know but maybe u do?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iToNe24, Oct 20, 2011.

1. iToNe24 macrumors regular

I have searched apple support pages and also contacted apple with no help. they referred me to the store and the store refers me back to the online help.

1- What is the best way to contact a developer of an application in the appstore, To discuss bugs or suggest future options? I know on the android market there is an email link with every application so u can contact the developer, i do not see that within the appstore. Only link i see is report a problem, i am not sure if that goes to apple or the developer.

2- When u go to appstore on the phone and tap on the update tab and purchase, there are two tabs on the top, all and not on this phone. But all the apps in both tabs are identical. Shouldn't the all tab show u all the apps installed and not installed? just all the apps u purchased from the appstore? that way u can click on any app u have installed to take u to the info page on that specific app. Because at this time i see no way to get to the detail page of specific app without searching for it again in the appstore.

3- In the gallery now on the phone, u can create new albums and copy pictures from camera roll to that new album but then u cannot delete the copied pictures from camera roll. Am i missing something? When u try and delete it, it wants to delete from camera roll and the new album.

4- Is there anyway to permanently delete apps from your purchase history on phone? as of now i only see a way to hide them but not delete from your history. So all apps that u installed then deleted always show on that update tab on phone .. unless u hide.

5- is there a way to delete all completed tasks in the reminder application at the same time? it seems u can only delete one by one or if u go to settings, there are options to remove reminders more then 2 weeks old but i think that would remove all reminders greater then two weeks old, completed or not.

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Go to the app's details page and tap on "App Support" at the bottom (new button I just noticed this morning). This appears to link to the developer's website.

Interesting. Just now noticed this myself (that both are identical). The "All" tab used to show all apps both on the iPhone currently and those that were at one time purchased but not currently on the iPhone, whereas the "Not On This iPhone" tab used to (and still does, for that matter) show only those apps that were at one time purchased but are not currently on the iPhone. Seems like a bug.

You're not missing anything, this is how people throughout this forum have reported that it works. I don't personally have a problem with this but I can see how some might be annoyed by this.

Nope, no way to permanently delete them, just a way to hide them, as you mentioned.

No way to do this that I've found.

3. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

Seems not every app has that button, i see ratings,tell a friend and report a problem

thank you for taking the time to assist

4. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

how do u reset the iphone to factory reset?

then pick what u want to restore to it form the icloud?

5. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

MP3 for ringtone

Is there anyway natively to be able to pick a MP3 song to play when the native alarm goes off on the iphone? I downloaded a few alarm clock apps but really didnt want to rely on a 3rd party app to wake me up in the morning. I couldnt really decide on one and couldnt find one that would let u snooze from the lockscreen like the native alarm clock app does.