How To Arrange Icons - 3D Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tgi, Sep 28, 2015.

1. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

How do you arrange the icons on the homescreen on the 6S/6S+? I tried to do it on the demo unit at the Apple store and couldn't figure it out. The Apple staff didn't know how either.

I've searched Google and the forums for an answer as well.

2. hectorocks macrumors newbie

You have to lightly touch and hold on the icon. Don't press hard on the screen just barely put your finger on an icon and leave your finger on there until the icons wiggle..

3. Akack macrumors 6502a

If that's the case that Apple staff shouldn't be on the floor until he/she learns that, jeez.

Like the above poster wrote, you gently touch and hold (don't push down on screen) until the icons start shaking.

4. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

light touch or what works every time for me is to do a two finger press on the icon.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I, too, am shocked that the employees in the floor didn't have an immediate answer to this.

To move icons, do what you did before. Unless you were physically pressing down on the screen, there should be no issue.

6. joonyaboy macrumors regular

joonyaboy

A simpler method is to hold down on a folder (since they are unaffected by 3D Touch) and the icons will begin to jiggle

7. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I don't get how people are having issues triggering the same old delete/move icons function that has been around forever. 3D Touch doesn't change a single thing about how everything has been done before, it just adds on top new functions.

Seems strange people are suddenly forgetting how something has been done for numerous years that hasn't changed.

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I found barely touching it kinda with my fingernail is what works for me.

9. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

I don't think people are forgetting anything, I think that some people were already pressing into their phone screens without noticing. So they're using the same pressure they're used to, except now that pressure triggers 3D Touch.

10. noobinator macrumors 601

11. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

You'd be surprised. Sometimes while getting a replacement or upgrade I like to try to talk tech with Apple employees in the store and a lot of them don't have answers or say I don't know.

12. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

It would be cool if you can do a quick 3D Touch swipe gesture to quickly move icons without going into wiggle mode.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I agree but something as basic as moving icons should be know by anyone who is working for Apple.

14. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

15. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I jailbreak my device, and the funniest reply I ever got from an Apple employee was that my home button getting stuck inside the phone was bc of my JB.

Side note-Also know that just jailbreaking does not void warranty anymore. The only way it voids the warranty is by a genius proving your issue is jailbreak related.

16. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I totally believe it happens. But I can't imagine that not a single person on the floor can answer the question. I'd never leave a customer with "I don't know", especially on a question that simple, but I've been on the opposite end of that too, unfortunately.

17. HEK, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

That's what education is for....to un-stupid them. We're all born stupid.

18. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I thought you can't change icons around on demo units.

19. bushido Suspended

bushido

well he did say he didnt get it to work so

20. rockitdog Suspended

And some without proper grammar too.

21. WilliamG macrumors 604

Not a simpler method if you don't have any folders on your first home screen. :)