How to attach email message to photos

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pennshaq, May 31, 2013.

1. pennshaq macrumors newbie

I am a new Mac user and I am currently transferring files from my PC. I have a lot of old emails with photos that I am going to transfer to iPhotos but I wanted to know if I could attach a text version of the email to the photos so years down the road I can recall what was said regarding the photos. I know I can put short descriptions for the photos, but I would really like to see if I can attach the message to the photos or at least save the message in the same file for future reference. I made a file in Windows with a text version of the email as well as the saved photos there were attached. I put the file on the Mac and opened the photos and opened the text email and they opened fine. Then I dropped the file in iPhoto and the pics obviously were added to iPhotos but the text was not saved in the same place as the photos (I work my way to the root file in Finder). Can I drop a copy of the text email into the file that those photos are in? Would that disrupt iPhotos? Would there be another way to do this?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Why do you need to use iPhoto? Just make a folder somewhere on the Mac with the email message files themselves (probably .eml extension). This way if you need to search - you can use Spotlight and it will search within the messages.