How to attach from Photos app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kenkamm, Apr 12, 2015.

1. kenkamm macrumors regular

Before photos, I could upload a picture to a web page (like when creating a craigslist add or eBay auction) by selecting my iPhoto library. I can't seem to figure out how to do the same thing using the new Photos app. Do I have to export photos to a folder somewhere so I can then select them for upload?

2. gpspad macrumors 6502

Isn't there show in finder option under preferences?

That may do what you want, just tried it and it points ti the location of your photos with the finder app.

3. kenkamm thread starter macrumors regular

That definitely doesn't work for me. If I try to attach a photo to gmail, for instance, if I choose the Photos library when choosing a file for upload, I get the multi-colored spinning wheel and the browser window hangs until I restart safari.

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

If I try to attach an image to MacRumors I can choose Photos from the Sidebar. In the pane on the right are all my images, which i can view through album etc. Is that setup not available to you for eBay?

Attached Files:

5. kenkamm thread starter macrumors regular

Oddly, after a mac software update today, it's working fine. Prior to the update, I didn't have the "media" section in the finder so I couldn't choose Photos. Now it's there and all is well. Thanks!

6. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

I do not have the media section showing. How did you get it up there. Just checked preferences, etc and can't find it...

7. kenkamm thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't do anything but install the latest auto updates to Mac OS and it magically appeared in finder.

8. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Ok, thanks.. Guess I need to do some restarting!