How to auto boot Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kurmaza, Aug 11, 2010.

1. kurmaza macrumors newbie

Hey everyone so I've recently installed Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro and now it automatically boots Windows 7 and in order for me to boot the Mac OS X, I have to hold the option key and manually boot the Mac OS X. I was wondering if it is possible for me to set the Mac OS X to automatically boot instead of Windows 7. Thanks a lot.

2. d88co88 macrumors 6502

d88co88

Go into System Preferences and choose Startup Disk. Then choose the mac volume and click restart.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Boot into Mac and open the Startup Disk pref pane in System Preferences. Then select Mac OS X and click the restart button. Mac is now your default.

4. celticpride678

5. M-B-P macrumors regular

i believe if you load up into windows and search for "bootcamp" in the quick search you will lead you to a window that allows you to set your default boot OS.

I'm have read about setting your default OS on mac rumors, so if my suggestion doesn't help just try searching it on MrGoogle (http://mroogle.*************/)

Hope that helps, sorry for being a little lazy

Wow! It took me 3 minutes to post that reply and by that time like 3 people already replied lol